If you run or own a business, then you might want to think about going digital. Here are a few reasons that you should look into digitize your important files, documents, and information.
1. The Wall Street Journal found that the average business worker in America loses one and a half hours per day. This equates to about 40 hours a year in lost productivity. This time is spent searching for lost and misplaced items from messy desks and poorly organized filing cabinets. A few of the easy solutions to this problem are the use of digital filing systems and business card scanners.
2. Estimates show that knowledge workers spend 15 to 30 percent of their time at work searching for information. One of the best ways to cut down on this time waste is to invest in laptop scanners to facilitate the digitization and proper indexing of important and frequently used documents. Once these things are digitized, it is easier to do a quick keyword search to pin point the needed information.
3. Another advantage of items like business card scanners and other portable scanners is the ability for a company to go almost completely digital. Files that are stored online or in the cloud can be accessed from anywhere. This also eliminates the need for a worker to have physical access to files. This streamlines the file finding process and makes it easier for companies that have several locations.
4. A recent survey of 500 IT decision makers conducted by Sand Hill found that more than half of respondents cited business agility as their primary reason for adopting cloud applications. This is not surprising in the advancing digital age. The benefits far outweigh any kind of problems that might arise.
5. According to Reduce.org, the average office employee uses as many as 10,000 sheets of paper each year. By investing in technology that can digitize important files and documents, companies have the ability to save money, save the environment, and save the time that is taken up by printing, scanning, and mailing.